list 17: 35 things to do before i turn 36

June 20, 2010

1. stop being so hard on myself
  2. post one song a day for 365 days booya! http://jcaron.tumblr.com/
  3. live abroad moving to england on june 21st. close enough.
  4. volunteer for hospice or the spca
  5. go bungee jumping
  6. eat dinner at chez l’épicier in the old port
  7. fix my bike and ride it as much as possible
  8. create a personal coffee table book of travels
  9. scout out photobooths in the city and participate in photobooth friday
  10. paint nails in rainbow pattern (each one a different color)
  11. print moo mini cards
  12. change blog url
  13. get an article published in uppercase magazine
  14. attempt, once again, to accomplish numbers 15, 22 & 27 from last year’s list
  15. go to a roller derby
  25. wear more dresses with boots
  26. meditate
  27. spend the time to cook slow meals and try new recipes every month
  28. see monkeys in the wild
  29. go salsa dancing
  30. begin a skin care routine
  31. quit smoking socially when i drink (tough one to admit)
  32. go camping & hiking (things i used to do often and i long for them again)
  33. collaborate on a creative project with someone i admire
  34. spend less time on the internet (have internet free nights)
  35. take a solo road trip
  1. June 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Wow, these are cool things to aspire to – monkeys in the wild, Uppercase magazine – but have you not been to the Rocky Horror Picture Show before? If not, don’t let anyone know or you will have to be devirginized, which usually involves peltings with large amounts of beans and rice!

xo Erin

2. June 20, 2010 10:23 pm

i like these and am inspired to try a few of them myself. and yes, going to a rocky horror experience is soo much fun!

3. June 20, 2010 10:58 pm

What a beautiful list. Many would be on mine too. I look forward to reading about it in the year to come!

4. June 21, 2010 10:24 am

Good luck! I totally recomend the solo road trip … that can be truly amazing, mine was. And a very good occasion to take lots of pictures without anyone getting anoyed by it. 🙂
    I wish you an awesome year!

5. Michelle permalink
    June 21, 2010 10:54 am

Love your list!

I would also love to do #5 (maybe…If I have the guts :)) and #32 with you 🙂

• jeanine permalink
      June 21, 2010 10:59 am

maybe we can go bungee jumping for your birthday? 🙂 🙂 🙂

6. June 21, 2010 11:11 am

Love the list 🙂

7. June 22, 2010 1:38 am

best way to start a vinyl collection?
    Let people know you want vinyl … it is AMAZING what people will give you just to get it out of their (or their aging parents’) house!
    My hubby gets boxes and boxes and boxes from friends and relatives cleaning out their closets/garages/etc … He just takes whatever they want to get rid of and then he sorts through it at a later date (getting rid of what he doesn’t want, duplicates, etc).
    We have A LOT of Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass 🙂

8. Ashley Erin permalink
    June 22, 2010 3:25 pm

I’m so with you on #18!

I had a fantastic record player but had to get rid of it when I moved to a smaller apartment. Now I have a bigger apartment again and so I’m on the hunt for one.

9. June 23, 2010 1:36 am

Nice list! Can’t wait to read your others. Listenin to any new good music lately?! Tehehehe ……

10. kathryn Guerriero permalink
    June 24, 2010 8:18 pm

you. are so. INSPIRING!
    xo
    happy birthday, every day

11. June 25, 2010 9:12 am

OH! To be 36 again! (Oh to be *46* again! heh)

Do all the wonderful things you can, whenever you can! Time goes so quickly and it only speeds up so jump in with both feet!

🙂 Love your blog, btw. It’s a new find for me but it’s one I check often.

12. June 25, 2010 10:02 am

i love the ” see monkeys in the wild” point. i love your blog. good luck with the list!

13. July 3, 2010 11:28 pm

I’m very interested in your solo road trip. Where will you go? Have you decided yet?

14. July 14, 2010 2:02 am

Good luck with your list!
    Internet free nights are a great idea.
    I need to recheck my list to see how I’m going.

p.s LOVE that tat. One of the prettiest Ive ever seen.

Trackbacks